Hello World

Welcome! I will be sharing my adventures in the kitchen. I will also post random reflection on various food experiences both past and present.

Now the million dollar question..... Why "Gargoyles In My Kitchen"? Long ago a Drill Sargent at Fort Jackson gave me the nickname of Gargoyle. In fact he gave everyone a nickname. Some of them benign and some mean spirited. Now all these years later, I wished I would have written them all down. Some of the one I do remember are "Long Nose Zander", "New York - New York", and "Mother Beeping Frump". Another reason is that being a Gargoyle implies being watchful and attentive. Which I feel best describes my culinary evolution. I remember as a child watching my Dad making baked beans and his careful attention to all the details. My Mother cleaning and cooking of sweet breads. The down home flavors that Mom would put into the evening meals after working all day.

Today I'm no longer just a "Kitchen Gargolye", that role has been past to my children. I can feel them watching and learning. It is my hope that they will take what they see and learn, out into the world and make it their own. To understand that food is not only requirement for life but a joyous experience that satisfies our mind and spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Pies

Pulled Pork and Cobbler Dinner